Sr. Java Developer
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 874751BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:This role will be a part of the Parks Commercial Systems team in Disney Parks, Experience & Products. The team supports systems that enable sales from online and offline channels which includes the front-end website and mobile used by guests and agents as well as the core services which integrate with the commerce systems. As part of the team, this role will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities, enhancement of existing capabilities, and modernization of the existing technical stack to take full advantage of newer technologies and microservices while continuing to support and sustain the existing applications.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The resource will assist with architecture, actively participates in the design and development of highly scalable software systems and applications. As a Senior full stack engineer, you will be responsible for helping estimate, plan and oversee the development activities executed by both internal and vendor development resources.
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Lead design, code reviews, and assist software architects
- Drives development of components through own and vendor engineers' work
- Reviews or writes code and leads programming, testing, and debugging of applications or fixes existing applications
- Write detailed technical requirements and create technical design documentation and specifications.
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Designs, develops, manages, creates, and maintains technical components and templates
- Able to code with full stack front-end and back-end technology stack and troubleshoot issues in either
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- 5+ years of hands-on web development or software engineering experience
- Proficient knowledge of Java 11 LTS and modern Java language constructs
- Ability to implement services in Java web service frameworks (for ex: SpringBoot, Guice)
- Proficient knowledge in working with relational Databases (for ex: MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres) with ability to create efficient SQL table migrations
- Ability to learn new technologies and develop proof of concepts
- Experience implementing modular and scalable REST microservices
- Experience writing technical specifications and driving them through development
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to provide insightful code reviews in a variety of languages and platforms, with an eye to detect and flag potential issues to team members
- Knowledge of implementing software with security, performance, usability and accessibility in mind
- Experience working with Cloud architectures (for ex: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to implement and enhance event driven code running on AWS Lambda
- Knowledge of non-relational persistence (for ex: Dynamo, Redis, S3, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in developing and deploying large scale distributed systems
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.