Sr Planning/Forecasting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 978537BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
With this posting we are recruiting for a Sr. Planning/Forecasting Analyst to support Merchandise/Retail. This role will support revenue forecasting related processes and data-driven insights along with measuring revenue growth initiatives for WDW businesses. This work requires partnership with many areas across the company such as Operations, LOB incl. Location Strategy and Category Planning, Pricing, Industrial Engineering, Consumer Insights, and Commercial teams.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual who has a natural curiosity to proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate business performance using data-driven insights. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with superior analytical and data mining skills who can leverage highly complex data sets to deliver concise analytics utilizing various visualization techniques. The candidate should also have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Support development of WDW revenue forecasts including long-term monthly forecasts, annual operating plans, and five-year plans
- Develop thorough understanding of Guest demographics and behavior patterns to deliver insights
- Maintain and improve predictive forecasting models
- Utilize data visualization techniques to identify, evaluate, and communicate business trends and key metrics, clearly representing the story and key takeaways to Senior Leaders
- Analyze large data sets by leveraging Python, SQL, Tableau, and Business Objects
- Collaborate and partner with other areas across the company to influence decision-making
- Translate business performance drivers and metrics into insightful analysis and recommendations
- Exercise strong conceptual thinking skills – must be able to understand broad concepts, articulate linkages/gaps, and recommend tactics/strategies that enable a vision
- Understand and evaluate new business initiatives to provide strategic direction for the business
- Minimum 3 years of statistical or financial analysis and/or strategy development experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated technical ability to leverage data using spreadsheets and databases and translating business data into insights that can be shared with Senior Leaders
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills in financial forecasting, statistical analysis, and strong communication skills in developing and presenting fact-based insights and recommendations to Senior Leaders
- Open to learning new data visualization tools and statistical analysis software
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results and understanding business impacts
- Experience with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts forecasting and planning processes
- Highly skilled in Excel with working knowledge of VBA
- Demonstrated experience working with Python, Teradata, SQL, Tableau, and Business Objects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or another quantitative field
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.