Sr. Product Manager - Data and AI Platforms
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 758881BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 24, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Information Advantage team at Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products has end-to-end responsibility for building, enhancing, and maintaining data, analytics and machine learning platforms used by a large community of users (business analysts, app/site developers, product and business teams, etc.) within DPEP and across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
Responsibilities:As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of next generation BI and AI platforms from inception through operationalization.
In general you will be responsible for:
- Developing product strategy and sustainable subscription models for multitenant Data and AI platforms in cloud and on premise environments.
- Fostering and developing relationships with business/technical stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and asserting influence by driving projects to completion effectively and efficiently.
- Showcasing the platform capabilities, identifying gaps and delivering roadmaps for the platform services/capabilities.
- Identifying product improvement opportunities by staying deeply involved in product sustainment and customer feedback.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with partner teams across DPECP and TWDC in a manner that wins the trust and confidence of business and partner teams. Specifically:
- Understanding business needs and being able to translate them into clear and precise product specifications/features/capabilities to enable engineering development.
- Working with external technical partners and IA leaders to drive a prioritized development schedule, based on a complete and comprehensive understanding of business/technical needs and priorities.
- Driving consensus and getting buy-in from partner teams on the prioritization of engineering development activities.
- Partnering and collaborating closely with the engineering team to:
- Ensure understanding of our business deliverables and lead design discussions that align appropriately.
- Effectively manage sprints by setting realistic development goals based on analyzing historical velocity and ensuring that engineering development stays on track.
- Identify issues and risks and drive mitigation actions, effectively escalating roadblocks as needed
- Conducting market research and evaluation of COTS products. Fostering key industry and academic partnerships according to the product roadmap.
- Creating, executing, and maintaining well-defined technical support processes and procedures for Data, and AI platforms.
- Drive engineering excellence through high availability, scalability, security and automation.
- 2+ years experience in product management with 4+ years experience working with Big Data and BI products.
- 1+ years experience in AI/ML landscape.
- 1+ years experience in bigdata platform management.
- 2+ years experience in scoping projects and managing budget.
- 2+ years of project management experience, specifically managing platform delivery and DevOps teams with agile development principles (managing backlogs, running sprints, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in operating high availability systems.
- Familiarity with costing and accounting models (capex/opex) in AWS environment.
- Familiarity with data security and privacy regulations.
- Deep Understanding of KPIs and SLAs relevant to big data technologies.
- Ability to codify various trade-off in machine learning services to subscription models.
- Comfortable with both technical and business responsibilities, you will be working with engineers, data scientists, operations managers and business masterminds to build products and solve complex problems
- Experience in leading discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
- Understanding of the BigData on AWS Platform components: Hive, Spark, Yarn, S3, Kafka, Hue, NiFi etc.
- Understanding of ML frameworks: TensorFlow, SparkMLlib, PySpark, Torch, Caffe, H2o, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Compelling storytelling and presentation skills.
- A team player with vision, passion, discipline, and integrity
- Ability to work rapidly and efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related fields; MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.