Sr Software Engineer, Supply ChainApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013623 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 07, 2023
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join the Warehouse Management Team. We are a team that crafts innovative solutions combining Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) applications and purpose built solutions with creativity to produce robust systems that improve all aspects of the Warehouse Cast experience. This role will work both with vendor supported solutions as well as internal applications and technical teams to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies. A successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work very optimally in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be successful working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications.
We are looking for candidate who has Programming/Coding, DevOps and Infrastructure experience along with proprietary knowledge of Supply Chain system with an emphasis on Warehouse systems.
- Participates in analysis of systems requirements, developing specifications for assigned components, projects, and fixes and providing technical mentorship.
- Engages with managed service providers and vendors to coordinate the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan, and implementing against that plan.
- Implements assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Communicates to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle impassioned conversations.
- Working closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Working independently and delivering on agreed upon timelines.
- Highly flexible to constantly evolving business needs and adoption of new technologies.
- Ability to craft and follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of growing level of responsibilities in Technology and or software development and support
- Previous experience with Supply Chain systems, specifically Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems, and components and major SaaS solutions
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, procedures, and work instructions for development or operations team.
- Adhering to technical development processes, and software engineering standards.
- Ensuring a process orientation across the technical/project team, being able to develop, implement and improve processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment
- Progressive experience in the development of technical solutions for small and large scale projects
- Proven experience working with and being able be successful in multi-functional project teams of business analysts, developers, tech leads, infrastructure partners, and quality assurance resources across several teams and organizations
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Java/J2EE development skills, among mainstream programming languages, with a consistent track record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Solid understanding of microservices, RESTful Web Services, and APIs
- Middleware familiarity with WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache TomCat, Application Server, Rules Engine, and Oracle programming methodologies
- Solid understanding of both Oracle SQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Blue Yonder experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.