Sr Software Engineer
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692842BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 01/08/2019
- Design and develop specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
- Develop technical solutions that meet specifications.
- Execute assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback by evaluating both code quality and functionality specific to the application.
- Lead programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Create protocols, documentation and tools for installation and/or maintenance.
- Full stack developer.
- Interact and coordinate deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Troubleshoot and perform testing.
- Participate in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for development projects.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Lead team members in problem analysis and issue resolution.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Provide technical direction and evaluates the quality of deliverables.
- Work independently and delivers on agreed upon timelines.
- Work closely with the QA, project management and business teams on solution implementation.
- Adhere to technical development processes, standard and software engineering best practices.
- Develop, review and execute on established technical road maps and continual product optimizations.
- Manage scrum sessions, and executing sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos.
- Identify, mitigate or appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes to development projects.
- Serve as a technical role model by promoting and demonstrating our commitment to agile methodology and current software engineering processes, to include recommending improvements.
- Minimum five years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client and web applications.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology and other development practices.
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories.
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Java and the Spring ecosystem
- JSON Messaging
- HTTP Protocol
- Database Design
- Oracle/SQL/Maria DB
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, performance, etc...)
- Experience with unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration (Jenkins, Maven, GitHub)
- Solid understanding of delivering SOX, PCI, PII and application security protection requirements
- Experience in designing and developing micro services to reduce the complexity of applications for easy maintainability and high availability
- Familiarity with Docker/Containerization
- Knowledge of Dev Ops practices (CI/CD, ZDD, etc.…)
- Able to utilize a subscribed Reference Architecture
- General knowledge developing mobile applications
- Experience in implementing diverse security mechanisms to safeguard applications using Web Services Security, Random Access Tokens, Federated Identity, PKI Authentication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.