Sr. Solution Architect
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 725409BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 22/11/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the solution architecture and design, as well as delivery estimates, for Disney Signature Experiences (DSE) technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Sr. Software Engineer to coordinate with architects and designers from various disciplines (solution, infrastructure, data/information) to define the most effective solution to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace. The Sr. Software Engineer will also partner with delivery, production support and shared services partners (e.g., Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Engineering, Reference Architecture etc.) to ensure alignment of the solution approach and estimates with each stakeholder. The individual will also work with various business stakeholders in problem solving, creating business capabilities, and defining effective and efficient technology solutions for solving business problems and enabling business capabilities. The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the most effective for each respective group. The candidate should have experience in digital and mobile technology areas. The candidate should have experience in solutions architectures that leverage buy or build options, as well as cloud (PaaS and SaaS) solutions. The right candidate should also be the expert and focal point for knowledge of technology and industry trends applicable to the lines of business they support.
- Coordinate between business and IT stakeholders to develop a solution architecture approach.
- Create delivery estimates based on solution architecture approach.
- Assess market technology choices to determine fit, including software, hardware, SaaS/PaaS, etc.
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs.
- Coordinate with delivery project managers and business analysts to draft project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Collaborate with other architecture teams.
- Adapt to a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities.
- Develop End-to-End proof of concepts for the proposed solution as needed.
- Play a key role in working with the Reference Architecture organization to define current and future needs
- Review other architects’ solutions and ensures their application architecture strategy aligns with organizational goals.
- Help continue to evolve the Solution Architecture team’s processes and metrics to make the team more efficient, and increase the value add to the organizations supported.
- Work across all delivery teams to help better define and communicate the Solutions Engineering Team’s value; what’s working, what’s not, what should we be doing that we’re not etc.
- Minimum of 5 years in application development
- Minimum of 2 years in software engineering, solution and/or application architecture in a large corporate environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development.
- Familiarity with core design patterns.
- Knowledge of estimation processes.
- Proven experience with designing high performing applications
- Proven experience with designing applications with cost reduction and reuse in mind
- Ability to multi-task amongst several priorities.
- Experience with software integration patterns – services, eventing, SOA (both REST and SOAP preferred
- Familiarity with modern web development, mobile, and heterogeneous integrations.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly through self-study.
- Experience with cloud PAAS, SAAS, and IAAS Experience with designing for container-based deployment (docker etc).Working knowledge specifically related to AWS and Azure
- Uncompromising dedication to delivering quality, exceedingly well engineered solutions
- This role will be responsible for developing both high level and detailed application designs and needs to understand what the "right "technologies are and be able to sell "why" they should be used.
- Experience in theme park and entertainment technologies
- Experience in hospitality and lodging technologies.
- Experience in online guest experience technologies.
- Experience in full stack development with technologies such as android, IOS, mobile platforms like Flutter, Ionic, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.