Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 953682BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Job Summary:As the Software Developer, you will find and solve custom applications that provide efficiencies in the contact centers. You will also build and maintain databases and write scheduled and event-driven workflows using Jenkins for custom applications. This is a salaried role primarily working out of the Disney offices.
You will report to the Manager-Telecommunications.
- You will need to write simple and advanced SQL queries, use vendor ODBC connections to query data sources, and interface with SSO solutions
- Write Batch and Bash scripts to provide enhanced interactions in existing SharePoint pages and other custom applications
- You will maintain server uptime, install and configure required server/network software, and run regular status reports to assess need for upgrade/maintenance
- Utilize Eclipse IDE to write Java-based IVR solutions that are guest-facing and interface with numerous source of record systems to provide a better guest experience
- Needs to write simple and advanced SQL queries, use vendor ODBC connections to query data sources, interface with SSO solutions such as Open ID Connect
- Frequent travel between Central Florida area locations is expected and some overnight and international travel may be expected
- Experience working with servers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to exhibit initiative and forward thinking
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Experience partnering with internal customers and external vendors
- Experience working in a high paced environment
- Experience project managing large-scale projects
- Creativity, innovation, and ability to think outside of established guidelines
- Proven computer proficiency within a Windows environment including Visio and advanced Excel (macros, pivot tables, XML imports and formulas) and using IDE
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, running and interpreting WireShark and other network captures
- Minimum 2 year experience with VoIP in a call center environment
- Understanding of telecommunication technology: PBXs, IVRs, carrier and network services
- Associates Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.