Sr Site Reliability EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 907019BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Senior Systems Engineer role is expected to have expert level experience with maintaining web, caching and queuing technologies in large high traffic environments. Expert engineering and operations experience is a hard requirement as well as a light development background in one or more languages – Ruby and Bash Shell. Must be well versed in writing automation using Chef, Puppet or another SCM tool. In this role, you will actively engage with Development and QA teams as well as Product/Business teams. Must have strong and effective communication skills working with management and other senior engineers. Must be self-driven, leading project/planning efforts, architectural design, attending meetings w/ various teams.
In addition, the candidate should have a leadership skill to guide the efforts of a small team of Systems Engineers to help prioritize workload, discuss technical challenges and coming up with solutions, participate in project Sprint planning, ability to manage any number of projects from start to finish.
5-6+ yrs experience in enterprise level Cloud design
Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
Strong, demonstrated skills in the following at a minimum: • AWS Chef
• Rabbit MQ
• Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in REST, SOA, Java/J2EE, XML, Websphere/Weblogic/Apache TomCat Application Server, iRules
• Design experience in an enterprise environment.
• Experience in a system engineer/devops role.
• Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. • Deep technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
• Exposure to infrastructure and platform capabilities - container, middleware, messaging, routing components
• Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Logging/Monitoring/Alerting (Cloudwatch/Splunk/AppD) • PubSub Git(hub|lab)
• AWS Cloud (Fargate, ECS, EC2, S3, ALB/ELB, etc) • Terraform/Atlantis - module based
• Cloud Trails/Cloud Trace
• Google Cloud Platform
° App Engine ° Kubernetes ° Helm/Tiller
Bachelor degree or 10+ years of Equivalent Work Experience as a Systems Engineer at enterprise scale.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.