Sr Vendor Mgmt Spec
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 885906BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Job Description
Responsibilities:1. Provide value to DPEP Technology & Digital by driving consistency, in the way vendors are managed, and by partnering effectively with them
2. Drives bidding engagement for specific vendors including contract negotiation, supplier selection, best practices, and strategy:
- Leads engagement with vendors and suppliers, ensuring effective collaboration, performance measurement and improvement, and driving efficiency
- Works closely with leadership to continue to build strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure support for fair and equitable bid processes
- Drives competition across suppliers to deliver best long-term value and service
- Ensures that effective scorecard and performance management tools and routines are in place, to ensure that suppliers deliver and exceed their obligations and agreed service levels
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of service and supplier innovation
- Ensures alignment with DPEP Technology & Digital processes and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date view of all current DPEP Technology & Digital partners and key suppliers, and their performance
- Assesses key suppliers in terms of their strategic importance, and develops relationship and governance plans accordingly
- Builds strategic and collaborative relationships with partners.
- Driving troubleshooting activities for any Disney-supplier network connectivity including access, networks, VDI, VPN, etc.
- Leading a cross-functional team in the initiating, planning, executing of the design/build of dedicated Disney-supplier global networks
- Partnering with internal clients and supplier to plan, design, and implement unique remote connectivity solutions
- Leading efforts between suppliers and Corporate related to connectivity upgrades, migrations, and changes to the connections and/or tools needed
- Partnering with Security & Compliance to ensure proper connectivity guidelines are followed and supported for any implemented solutions including the auditing of their Offshore Delivery Centers
- Ensuring maintenance of as-built technical documentation of supplier to Disney connectivity to ensure integrity
- Four-year degree or greater in field such as Information Technology or similar field or related work experience.
- Five years’ experience managing and sourcing IT vendors.
- Strong understanding of all stages in a project lifecycle, including where vendor selection occurs.
- Experience with managing third-party suppliers and contract negotiations
- Demonstrates strong coordination, customer interface/relationship skills, driving work through cross functional teams
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.