Strategic Planning Manager - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 852583BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Aug. 31, 2021
- Work with Associate Publisher and Imprint Leads to manage seasonal lists and portfolio plans to ensure strategic and fiscal goals are achieved.
- Review editorial presentations for Focus and Sales Conference meetings to position titles for maximum potential across all imprints. Includes reviewing/editing fact sheets, presentations, and decks.
- Manage seasonal imprint Focus Breakout meetings and Agendas; Work with Sales team to coordinate Sales Conference presentations across all imprints.
- Ensure Sales and Marketing teams are armed with all necessary data and collateral required to optimize sell-in and sell-through on all titles across imprints.
- Manage bi-weekly Publishing Strategy meetings with Editorial, Sales, Marketing, and Design including planning Agenda items
- Manage and work with outside foreign rights agent including tracking rights information and revenue
- In conjunction with Associate Publisher, manage export business with distributors across all imprints; track financial targets by region to ensure fiscal goals are achieved.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills such as prioritization and critical thinking
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of ideas
• Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
• Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- 3 to 5 years publishing experience
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.