Supervisor, Event OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 983686BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Supervisor, Event Operations will need to influence and negotiate with all internal and external contacts, identify and assess risk, and make recommendations to partners. The Supervisor will need to work with different cultures, processes, and approaches with teams across the organization.
You will report to the Manager, Consumer Products (CP) Business Operations.
The Supervisor, Event Operations will need to influence and negotiate successfully with all internal and external contacts, identify and assess risk, and make recommendations to partners. The Supervisor will need to possess the flexibility to work with a wide range of organizational cultures, processes, and approaches.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and daily management oversight for two Events Operations team members
- Manage 500+ event requests from internal and external partners and manage the events meeting space
- Maintain the monthly events and space calendar including room setups and logistics requests
- Partner with teams for supporting their event setups, labor requests, transportation, and shipping needs for events around the country
- Attend events to assist with on-site loading and un-loading of crates, merchandise setup and product placement
- Manage operations of bi-annual Sample Sale event; arrange setup with rental vendors, delivery of supplies, maintain and track budget
- Manage the events space for use and allocation of space, including meeting and work space, parking spaces, and safety guidelines
- Maintain departments monthly expense report and inventory supply for event operations and asset management
- Create purchase orders for open accounts with external vendors, while managing tracking and reconciliation of invoices
- Maintain storage, organization, and maintenance of prop and display inventory and implement event order forms
- Track important deliverable dates and activity requests to monetize estimate workflow for impacted contributing teams
- Lift props and staging elements up to 50-75 pounds, operating sit down and stand-up forklifts, standing and walking 5-6 hours daily
- Provide exceptional service and partnership to internal partners
- Collaborate with the events team periodically to manage and purge existing event prop and supply inventory to maintain warehouse space and organization
- Troubleshoot schedules and bottlenecks and alert appropriate departments
- Flexible to work overtime and weekends (as needed) to ensure overall event success
- Manage and coach direct reports on the Events Operation team
- Indirectly lead team members to achieve Events projects
- Manage partner expectations and Event Management communications
- Develop positive partner, and team member relationships
- Provide customer service and problem-solving focus
- Minimum of 3 years (combined) experience in Event Planning, Warehousing/ Transportation, Inventory Management, Distribution experience, Facilities Management, Meeting Planning or Production experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in high-pressure environment
- Communicate both written and verbal with people at all levels within the organization, including internal team, partners, executives, and external vendors
- Experienced in providing customer service
- Work independently on projects
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends, and to travel as required
- Build relationships and be a team player
- Juggle, pivot, and work in fast pace
- Operate small craft tools
- Lift 50-75 lbs.
- Operate sit down and stand up forklifts (training will be provided)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Hospitality, Event Planning, or Theater Design
- Experience with SAP
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is based in Orlando, FL.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.