Transportation Bus Driver- FT, Walt Disney World $1,000 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 995994BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jul. 25, 2022
A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is not necessary to be considered for the Transportation Bus Driver role, but will be required if hired into the role. If selected, you will receive paid training to obtain your CDL and the cost of the CDL will be reimbursed by the company. Candidates must obtain/have a valid Florida Driver’s License to begin the CDL process.
Transportation Bus Drivers receive a starting rate of $18.00/hourly
LIMITED TIME $1,000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL October 1, 2022
$1000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $250 and Second payment after 150 days = $750)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to July 3, 2022 or after October 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Maintain safety of our guests while operating vehicles, including buses and passenger vans
- Conduct vehicle inspections, which include a high level of memorization
- Take ownership during emergency situations
- Greet and provide a warm welcome to our guests as they board the vehicle
- Spiel and communicate with guests over a microphone to provide safety and other information
- Knowledge of all routes & roadways to all destinations within the Walt Disney World Resort, including Theme Parks, Waterparks, Resort Hotels, and Disney Springs
- Routes often change with short notice due to Guest demand
- Safely drive in various environments including pedestrians, wildlife, and other Guest vehicles in different lighting scenarios & inclement weather
- Assist guests with boarding:
- Operate an accessibility lift
- Push & pull wheelchairs
- Involves lifting, bending, stooping, and twisting while using belts and straps to secure the guests to provide a safe ride
- Load/unload Electronic Convenience Vehicle (ECV) and folding strollers
- Interact with a professional motor vehicle software system
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean and presentable at all times
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
Disney Parks has implemented several new and enhanced safety measures based on guidance from health and government authorities. These measures include but are not limited to increased cleanliness and disinfection, health screening and prevention support, physical distancing and capacity measures, and cast member training.
Please be aware of the following requirements for all cast members.
- A health screening and temperature check must be completed at home prior to coming to work each day
- Appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times, including upon entry and exit of the workplace. The Company will provide reusable cloth face coverings per employee that meet the approved safety standards of the Company Safety Committee
Further requirements are dependent on role.
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- At a minimum, qualified Candidates must have at least 5 years of current valid licensed operating experience which must be continuous and last three years must have been in the United States. If license was held in Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, or any US Territory, a valid US Driver’s License from the continental United States including Hawaii and Alaska must be currently held for 1 year
- Must be at least 21 years of age due to licensed driving requirements
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written information to guests and Dispatch Operators
- Proven record of following state and federal motor vehicle regulations
- Must meet Department of Transportation Physical Standards and Regulations
- Florida CDL Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement
- Related Bus Driver experience
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our theme parks and resort hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: WDW Casting wdwcasting Bus Driver
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.