Transportation Bus Maintenance – Area Mech Fleet B MechanicApply NowApply Later Job ID 1018390BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Dec. 21, 2022
The Walt Disney Company’s fleet of passenger busses is one of the largest in the world – the Area B Fleet Mechanics strive to ensure that it is also one of the safest in the world. As a seasoned mechanic, you know what it is like to work in a shop, but using your skills at Disney is a completely unique experience.
The Area Fleet B Mechanic is responsible for keeping our bus fleet in full repair so that our Guests get where they need to go on time, comfortably, and safely. Our first-class shops put efficiency, productivity and concern for the safety of our mechanics front-and-center, with state-of-the-art lifts and equipment, excellent ventilation -- even awnings to keep the sun off your back. This is a field service position that may include work from elevated platforms
Starting Pay Rate for this position is $26.29/hour
- Perform annual DOT inspections on the fleet of buses
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on transit vehicles
- Answer non-routine service calls
- Perform daily fleet inspections, fueling, and minor repairs at the satellite maintenance facility
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Valid Florida CDL Class A or B driver’s license with passenger endorsement or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain Medium/Heavy Truck T4 or Transit Bus H4 heavy duty brake ASE certification within 90 days of hire
- Maintain ASE credentials
- Possess a EPA MVAC 609 Air Conditioning certification
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience performing maintenance and repairs on over the road coaches or semi-heavy duty truck
- Possess the ability to interpret schematics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Over 4 years’ experience in transit maintenance repair
- Experience with Cummins Insite diagnostic
- Knowledge of Therma King IntelligAire climate control systems
- Experience with marquee destination sign repair
- Multiplex Electronic Equipment experience
- Familiarity with transit GPS tracking
- Understanding of Wheelchair lift/ramp
Additional Information!:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Maintenance, CMC WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.