Tree Trimmer/Arborist, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1030554BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Oct. 02, 2022
The Arborist is critical in ensuring our landscaping onstage looks great for our guests. The Arborist provides horticulture support for the Global team. This craft helps to ensure the ‘Guest Facing’ horticulture is up to the Walt Disney World standard. The Arborist applicant should have experience in tree production, tree care, tree pruning, and tree moving. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
Starting pay rate for this role is $22.76 per hour
- Perform scheduled routine arboriculture maintenance
- Operate Forklifts, Lull, box truck, ladder work, work at heights
- Climb trees using a rope and saddle
- Operate tools and equipment to include chainsaws, chippers and aerial work platforms (AWP) and bucket trucks
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 3years’ experience within Horticulture or Agriculture disciplines
- Able to meet requirements for climbing aerial rescue guidelines
- Familiar with industry safety standards (ANSI Z133) and procedures (ANSI 300)
- Knowledge of southern tree species
- Able to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs
- Valid CDL Class “A” with air brakes endorsement
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Proficiency in all aspects of
- tree transplanting and loading
- tree pruning including natural and geometric styles
- proper tree planting
Additional Information!:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resorts operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, schedules and start time will vary.
keyword: TreeTrimmer wdwcasting Arborist WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.