Vice President, Operations Technology
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 694040BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 27/08/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The VP, Technology (Operations Systems) role provides the direction and strategy for critical systems that support the facilities maintenance, logistics, and labor management of the largest theme park company in the world.
Responsibilities:The VP, Operations Technology will lead the technology teams for facilities maintenance, labor, retail, food & beverage, and logistics technologies. Collaborate closely with business partners to inform the business strategy for retail and ensure that the technology platforms and roadmaps align to support that strategy. This executive will also be responsible for decisions related to strategy, delivery, and operations for labor, retail, food & beverage, and logistics technologies across all US parks & resorts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defines the technology strategy for theme parks and resorts labor management, logistics supply chain, costuming, and other operations functions.
- Responsible for delivering technologies that support labor planning, scheduling, and deployment of over 80K employees.
- Responsible for ride, attraction, and resort maintenance technologies.
- Responsible for delivering technologies that support the procurement, warehousing, inventory management, and optimization of the retail and food & beverage business.
- Responsible for an annual budget of $30-50M.
- Drive innovation across labor and supply chain operations, including robotics, computer vision and IoT.
- Develop a strong practice for technology business relationship management for retail businesses, closely partnering with business leaders and other stakeholders to ensure technology long-term plans and short-term initiatives align with and drive business goals.
- Ensure the sustainment organization and technology is positioned to deliver highly stable and reliable results.
- Develop and drive technology strategy for business initiatives, and actively engage as a thought-partner with business leaders on ways technology can inform and drive business strategies
- 15+ years of experience in technology or digital roles, with 5+ years in an executive role
- Experience leading implementation and support of large scale customer facing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Proven ability to manage and facilitate annual operating budget and strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop teams and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop geographically and otherwise diverse highly technical teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Demonstrated excellence in client/partner relationship management with senior executives
- Experience leading large scale complex technology project programs
- Business domain experience in at least one of the following areas: maintenance systems, labor systems, or logistics systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Masters degree is a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.