VP, Technology & Digital
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 916308BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 25, 2022
Job Summary:This role provides Technology and Digital strategy and execution for the Parks Commercial Systems (PCS) applications. This executive will have end-to-end responsibility for business relationship management, technology and digital product management and development, application software development, infrastructure engineering and 24x7 technology operations.
- Works with the various functional domain executive leaders to develop, prioritize and refine the technology and digital strategy and capabilities roadmap. Responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of the roadmaps as well as disruption-free and responsive technology and digital operations.
- Responsible for both ongoing sustainment/enhancements and capital and expense project delivery for portfolio of applications.
- Responsible for technology delivery functions of the portfolio including, but not limited to, solution design and development, cost estimation and financial planning, security, testing, and application operations.
- Specific application scope includes back-end sales systems and applications that drive commercial strategies such as product and package sales platform, core services, travel trade, accounting and payment platforms, contact center sales and support. Additionally, this role will have oversight for the systems reliability engineering and solution engineering functions.
- Responsible for spearheading efforts in consumer commerce across Disney, Media, and Entertainment Distribution Technology and Enterprise Technology teams.
- Collaborate with and influence executive business leadership in order to deliver technology and digital solutions that directly deliver business strategy and value. Key business partners include Commercial Strategy, Finance, and Decision Science teams at WDW, DLR, and DLP.
- Continuously ensure appropriate processes, personnel and required technology capabilities are in place to meet business availability and performance service level agreements.
- Anticipates and manages the risks associate with day-to-day technology operations. Ensures ongoing operational stability of the current applications and systems.
- Actively works to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
- ‘Connects the dots’ between and keeping pace with technology developments, business/financial forecasts, competitive landscape, evolving customer needs, and initiative goals/deadlines.
- Partner with other internal Technology executives to leverage in-house tools and capabilities.
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering environment in large global corporations
- 10+ years of experience in managing teams delivering large scale solutions across multiple business units and geographies.
- Experience in Application development and implementation in a complex corporate environment along with understanding of network and communications technologies and architectures.
- Recognized technology leader with proven track record of delivering software engineering initiatives at scale and cross technology/business initiatives with a focus on consumer facing applications
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering innovative, high quality solutions on-time and on-budget including annual operating & long-term financial plan detail
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology and digital executives within TWDC and the ability to operate in matrixed and complex environments.
- Strong leadership, influence, and negotiation skills with both business and technical groups
- A proven leader with the ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within challenging timeframes and ongoing change
- Confident and effective communicator who demonstrates deep personal character and optimism
- Recognizes and celebrates diverse backgrounds, points of view, and cultural histories that directly impact the organization’s ability to innovate
- Technology experience in the hospitality/travel industry
- Demonstrated experience supporting solutions in International regions
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another degree in a related discipline required
- MS in Computer Science or other advanced degree in a related discipline
Additional Information:Technical Competencies:
- Must be solution-oriented and business-minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering, and supporting technology systems
- Must demonstrate speed and agility while ensuring deployed business technologies can be packaged, integrated and leveraged across multiple solutions.
- Demonstrated life cycle work experience including architecture design and deployment, application development, secure development practices, systems lifecycle management,
- Must be able to anticipate and manage risks associated with large program implementations.
- Visionary Thinking: Has/establishes clear vision for the business of operation; maintains long-term view; able to foresee obstacles and opportunities and generate breakthrough ideas.
- Shaping Strategy: Develops distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translates broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; aligns the organization with priorities, including leading change initiatives to improve effectiveness
- Seasoned Judgment: Makes timely, tough decisions taking all critical information into account; able to grasp specifics of an ambiguous situation yet keep the larger picture in focus
- Drive Execution: Ensures the assignment of authority and accountability for continuous improvement of service levels. Integrates efforts across units and functions; provides leadership to overcome barriers and achieve results through individual and team efforts.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Attracts high caliber people; able to develop teams and talent with diverse capabilities; accurately appraises the strengths and weaknesses of other and provides constructive feedback appropriately.
- Empowering Others: Creates an environment that fosters personal investment and excellence; nurtures other’s commitment to a common vision and shared values; provides opportunities for growth and achievement; facilitate collaboration and teamwork
- High-Impact Dialog: Delivers messages clearly, convincingly and in a well-organized manner; able to vary communications style for multiple audiences; projects credibility and poise; translates complex concepts and ideas into understandable terms.
- Managing Change: Manages change effectively including organizational, process and service delivery changes. Successfully gains support for business driven changes through effective and timely communication including rationale, scope and schedule.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.