Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Audio Visual Systems Internship - Orlando, FL - Spring 2018Apply Now Job ID 495792BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 11/28/2017
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
An Audio Visual Systems Intern who will work within the Design team that provides research, design, development, installation, test and adjust, and/or documentation of new systems. These systems apply state of the art and legacy components supporting the creative vision for attractions, restaurants, merchandise areas and/or area development in our WDW Orlando based theme park and resort areas. Other tasks may include inventory control for equipment and supplies. Specific responsibilities and shifts may vary day to day based on each project’s needs and availability of the work place.
- Prepare, under supervision, basic AV design and system analysis
- Provide general support to AV Designers
- Test and adjust systems in a construction environment
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with DSP based control software such as Peavey MediaMatrix Nware
- Experience with audio analysis software (SMAART or similar)
- Computer literacy with MS Office products
- Basic hands on experience with audio and/or video systems
- ** MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE **
- Knowledge of Architecture
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated from an accredited college/university within the past 6 months, earning a degree majoring in a Theatrical or Digital Media Design program with an Audio Visual focus
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.disneyinterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.