Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Audio Visual Systems Internship - Orlando - Spring 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615841BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 28, 2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
An Audio Visual Systems Intern who will work within the Design team that provides research, design, development, installation, test and adjust, and/or documentation of new systems. These systems apply state of the art and legacy components supporting the creative vision for attractions, restaurants, merchandise areas and/or area development in our WDW Orlando based theme park and resort areas. Other tasks may include inventory control for equipment and supplies. Specific responsibilities and shifts may vary day to day based on each project’s needs and availability of the work place.
- Prepare, under supervision, basic AV design and system analysis
- Provide general support to AV Designers
- Test and adjust systems in a construction environment
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with DSP based control software such as Peavey MediaMatrix Nware
- Experience with audio analysis software (SMAART or similar)
- Computer literacy with MS Office products
- Basic hands on experience with audio and/or video systems
- ** MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE **
- Knowledge of Architecture
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated from an accredited college/university within the past 6 months, earning a degree majoring in a Theatrical or Digital Media Design program with an Audio Visual focus
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.disneyinterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: approximate dates of this internship are January 2019 through June 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.