Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Construction Management Internship - Orlando, FL - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700513BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 14, 2019
A Construction Management Intern who will, under supervision, be responsible for managing project construction efforts ranging from a small scope on a project to multiple highly complex portfolio of diverse projects. This individual may act as a point of contact with construction vendors and contractors. They may provide technical expertise and help manage internal relationships within WDI and WDP&R entities as well as external construction vendors and contractor relationships to successfully deliver projects in accordance with budget, schedule, quality and safety. With Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI), this individual may regularly interface with creative, technical, engineering and construction disciplines in delivery efforts throughout the life of the project.
- Manage an entire scope of a small project or scope of work (i.e., guest rooms, small enhancement projects, graphics, FF&A, restaurant, retail etc.) which is self-contained and definable, within financial parameters and to the high quality standards of WDI/WDP&R
- Assist with informational flow (submittals, RFI's, QA, QC)
- Make recommendations for product and people conflict resolution and problem solving on project within their scope
- Assist in finalizing budget
- Play an active role in preparing professional bid packages
- Manage relationships with owner/operator
- Be involved in natural disaster coordination
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Understanding of the Project Development process
- Understanding of scheduling, budgeting and quality control
- Organization skills
- Task management
- Expanded computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- 1 - 2 Years outside job related experience or 1-2 years WDI experience
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.