Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Construction Management Internship - Orlando, FL - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 525757BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 02/09/2018
Under supervision, you will have responsibilities in managing project construction efforts ranging from a small scope on a project to multiple highly complex portfolios of diverse projects. You may act as a point of contact with construction vendors and contractors. You will assist leadership in providing technical expertise and managing internal relationships within WDI and WDP&R entities and external construction vendors and contractor relationships to successfully deliver projects in accordance with budget, schedule, quality and safety. You may also regularly interface with creative, technical, engineering and construction disciplines in delivery efforts throughout the life of the project.
- Manage an entire scope of a small project or scope of work (i.e., guest rooms, small enhancement projects, graphics, FF&A, restaurant, retail etc.) which is self-contained and definable, within financial parameters and to the high quality standards of WDI/WDP&R
- Assist with informational flow (submittals, RFI's, QA, QC)
- Make recommendations for product and people conflict resolution and problem solving on project within their scope
- Assist in finalizing budget
- Play an active role in preparing professional bid packages
- Manage relationships with owner/operator
- Be involved in natural disaster coordination
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role...
- Understanding of the Project Development process
- Understanding of scheduling, budgeting and quality control
- Organization skills
- Task management
- Expanded computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
**MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE**
- 1 - 2 Years outside job related experience or 1-2 years WDI experience
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated from an accredited college/university within the past 6 months, earning a degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture, or related
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May 2018 through August 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.