Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Estimating Internship - Orlando, FL - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 667441BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 06, 2019
Job Summary:"We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
An Estimating Intern who will be responsible for preparing estimates for facility, shows, and rides throughout our project lifecycles. This individual will work under the immediate direction of a Project Senior or Principal Estimator.
- Review and incorporate historical cost data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into estimates.
- Assist in preparing estimates by calculating complete takeoffs of a project scope of work
- Maintain files for all working documents and data as back up to estimate figures
- Assist in evaluating all design documentation and provide trend estimates and analyses against current EFC/Budget estimate during design phase
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost controls
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Proficiency in PC programs (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of management, all project team members (project management, contractors, sub-contractors etc.) to achieve team goals
**MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE**
- Relevant estimating experience
- Active membership in industry related organizations
Required EducationCurrently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering.
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the last 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE***
The approximate dates of this internship are August 2019 through January 2020. Intern must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.