Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Estimating Internship - Orlando, FL - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700904BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
An Estimating Intern who will be responsible for preparing estimates for facility, shows, and rides throughout our project lifecycles. This individual will work under the immediate direction of a Project Senior or Principal Estimator.
- Review and incorporate historical cost data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into estimates.
- Assist in preparing estimates by calculating complete takeoffs of a project scope of work
- Maintain files for all working documents and data as back up to estimate figures
- Assist in evaluating all design documentation and provide trend estimates and analyses against current EFC/Budget estimate during design phase
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost controls
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Proficiency in PC programs (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of management, all project team members (project management, contractors, sub-contractors etc.) to achieve team goals
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Relevant estimating experience
- Active membership in industry related organizations
Required EducationCurrently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.