Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Landscape Architecture Internship - Orlando, FL Spring 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615857BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 10, 2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
A Landscape Architecture Intern who will work within the department responsible for landscape architecture including hardscape, grading, planting, irrigation, water and other specialty features; special studies; and the integration of architecture, civil engineering, structural elements, lighting, graphics and utilities for the facility/attraction, land, or theme park project.
- Support the project team with design and implementation of design intent for assigned projects
- Prepare Area Development base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color
- Provide renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, landscape grading, hardscape plans/sections/elevations, planting design drafting, 3D visualization, and general project coordination
- Develop varied landscape architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards
- Ensure that the area development intent is achieved by successfully integrating landscape design with allied disciplines and components of the area development such as: infrastructure, architecture, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural engineering, irrigation, etc.
- Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: base sheets, hardscape, planting designs, visual intrusion studies, material schedules, etc; ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Be responsible for coordinating and communicating area development design issues within the area development project team
- Support implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of plant and hardscape materials and products for thematic applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving complex area development problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp. Working knowledge/skills in 3D software tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Knowledge of landscape architecture design and construction techniques
- Technical knowledge of water features and vehicular transportation systems
- Knowledge of related areas, including architecture, land planning, civil engineering, site lighting, graphic design, etc.
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- ** MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE **
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a BLA/BSLA degree from an accredited program
- 1-2 years relevant Project Management or other professional experience
- Proven professional/applicable leadership experience
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE***
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2019 through June 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.