Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Controls Planning Internship - Orlando, FL - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 675880BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
What we’re looking for…
A Project Controls Planning Intern who will work with the team responsible for providing planning and scheduling expertise to all WDI project teams and functional disciplines. This individual will assist in developing comprehensive implementation strategies and incorporating deliverables into project schedules, preparing project life cycle and master schedules, integrating all schedules (design disciplines, vendors, production and construction) and provide a comprehensive project perspective. Duties will also include monitoring and evaluating risks and present recovery/mitigation plans to support turnover/opening schedule, performing earned value analysis when needed, and providing progress reports and management presentations, as appropriate.
Under direct guidance of the Project Planning team:
- Help develop and status project schedules using Primavera and other scheduling software programs
- Assist in preparation of project plans from scoping/strategy documents and incorporating deliverables and implementation strategies into project schedules as they evolve
- Assist in development of comprehensive plans and schedules from multiple discipline drawings and specifications
- With guidance will coordinate with division planners, contractors, and responsible team members to develop and integrate activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work
- Coordinate and integrate project schedule input from all internal and external project organizations and contractors
- Work with project team members as required to collect and assemble information
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Basic understanding of Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling and developing schedule logic including logic relationships and float analysis
- Basic knowledge of design, manufacturing, and/or construction
- Experienced using graphic programs to assemble presentations and visuals plans
- Knowledge of Primavera Project Planner (enterprise or web version)
Required EducationCurrently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture, or Engineering.
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.