Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Management Internship - Orlando, FL Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 575456BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 10, 2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
A Project Management Intern to work within the department responsible for tactical project management of small to large projects from blue sky to close out. Working under leadership at Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI), we are seeking a passionate individual fueled by curiosity, energized by relationships and motivated to drive continuous improvement that matters. Our Project Management team regularly interfaces with creative, technical, engineering and construction disciplines in the delivery of show/ride design and systems throughout the life of the project.
- Assist with overseeing and documenting construction progress, on site- meetings and overall coordination
- Assist in managing the scope of a small project or scope of work which is self-contained and definable, or support the management team of a medium to large scale project
- Assist in scheduling, estimating, budgeting within project scope
- Coordinate information by collecting and verifying document change information for presentation of solutions
- Assist in presentations to executive management on project status
- Facilitate relationships; communicate verbally and in written correspondence for presentations to the project team, vendors, and consultants
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Exposure to and understanding of project development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punchlists)
- Exposure to and understanding of basic scheduling, budgeting and Disney quality
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (floor plan and details)
- Ability to manage through conflict, complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Basic 3D modeling experience such as Revit and/or NavisWorks
- Ability to take direction, multitask, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- ** MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE **
- Experience overseeing construction progress and being on active job sites
- Experience with construction project management software such as BIM 360 and/or BlueBeam
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Desire to learn and perform work relating to hiring of outside vendors, professional bid packages and contract administration process (Prior experience in these areas is a plus!)
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Project Management, Civil Engineering, Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, advanced business degree, or related field
- 1-2 years relevant Project Management or other professional experience
- Proven professional/applicable leadership experience
Additional Information:Materials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE***
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.