Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Project Management Internship, Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700349BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
What we’re looking for…
A Project Management Intern to work within the department responsible for tactical project management of small to large projects from blue sky to close out. Working under leadership at Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI), we are seeking a passionate individual fueled by curiosity, energized by relationships and motivated to drive continuous improvement that matters. Our Project Management team regularly interfaces with creative, technical, engineering and construction disciplines in the delivery of show/ride design and systems throughout the life of the project.
- Assist in managing the entire scope of a small project or scope of work which is self-contained and definable
- Assist in scheduling, estimating, budgeting within project scope
- Coordinate information by collecting and verifying document change information for presentation of solutions
- Assist in presentations to executive management on project status
- Facilitate relationships; communicate verbally and in written correspondence for presentations to the project team, vendors, and consultants
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Proven ability to manage project development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punchlists)
- Full understanding of scheduling, budgeting and quality
- Exposure to and experience with hiring of outside vendors, professional bid packages
- Thorough understanding of the contract administration process (contacts, professional fees)
- Ability to manage through conflict, complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- 1-2 years relevant Project Management experience
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, advanced business degree, or related field
- 1-2 years relevant Project Management or other professional experience
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship may be located in Orlando, FL or Glendale, CA. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis for Orlando, FL participants. Participants in Glendale, CA will be required to provide their own housing.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.