Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WDI Show Awareness Intern, FL - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 637195BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Feb. 12, 2019
Job Summary:“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
A Show Awareness Intern who will work with the WDI Show Quality Standards team that is responsible for producing and administering a standardized global curriculum of educational materials and classes. These are developed to communicate the original design intent, themes and stories of all venues created by Walt Disney Imagineering. As part of the Show Quality Standards Global team, the Show Awareness group is also involved in documentation of show information and maintaining consistency in how the Imagineering story, as well as the stories Imagineering creates, is told to both our operating partners and to outside audiences.
- Support the production and completion of show documentation, which could include digital photography, digital video filming/editing/post production, or other documentation as needed.
- Maintain documentation in the Global Show Awareness Resource Library and the set up of all Show Awareness training programs
- Assist with the development of the WDI standardized templates, processes for story and theme documentation, and educational programs
- Assist with maintaining a global WDI archive of thematic and story research materials to provide long term assets that enhance the ability to sustain, enhance, and advance the stories created by Imagineering
- Partner with the WDI Communications Department on sharing content resources and identifying specific needs of Imagineers and non-WDI audiences
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Proficiency with Mac computer operating systems
- Basic computer skills in word processing, presentation programs and database management (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop and multiple digital video file formats for documentation and presentation use.
- Skilled in video production, which could include digital video filming/editing/post production, digital photography, Audio recording and editing, or other documentation as needed.
- Proficient with 4K digital video cameras and how they function. (e.g. Sony 4K video camera recorder PXW-Z100)
- Proficiency in Presentation production; Keynote, Photography, image management, sizing, clean up, color correction, composition etc.
- Ability to produce presentations that are informative and visually effective at communicating the curriculum
- Ability to work with story, proportion, color and line, with a solid arts and aesthetic sensibility
- Experience in performing complex research
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and adapt to changing priorities
- An awareness of the scope of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Parks and Resorts. Working knowledge of the layouts and locations of Walt Disney World Resort locations (including Parks, Water Parks, Resorts and Disney Springs.)
- ****MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE****
- Videography production and post-production experience
- Photography experience
- Graphics design experience and education
- Working experience in the theatrical or other media related design/production and field installation
- Presentation skills and experience
- Ability to interpret and communicate concept and ideas from a variety of mediums with first hand background in the design and implementation of designs/projects
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Themed Entertainment, Film, Fine Art, Art History, Humanities, Art, Library or Museum Collections Management, or related
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE***
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 through August/September 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship. (Candidates with April availability may be considered for an early start).
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.