WDI Show Software Engineering Intern - Orlando, Spring 2020
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 715235BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 29/10/2019
- Develop software for guest interactive systems, as an independent contributor on “small” efforts, or as a collaborative contributor on large scale software efforts
- This includes developing and reviewing system requirements; assisting in developing software specifications, and system architectures; designing software at a module level, producing data flow diagrams, and/or other design documentation; and developing code and software test plans
- Participating in software and system testing efforts, producing software documentation at a level that will allow other software engineers to maintain the system, producing user documentation to describe system operation, and releasing software
- Keep abreast of new technologies/methodologies that could reduce the cost of developing or maintaining systems
- Provide input to software engineering manpower and schedule planning for personal activities in support of estimating activities
- Develop and review specifications, scopes of work, Test and Adjust plans and procedures
- Verify software performance against requirements
- Review final Test and Adjust and acceptance testing documentation against deliverables
- Support Show System operator and maintenance training
- Present project updates to Functional and Project Management
- Initiate and maintain extensive contact with key engineers and officials of other organizations and companies
- Participate in Proof of Concept (PoC) tests to design, review, and document the feasibility of turning new ideas into robust, reliable, and engaging interactive experiences for Guests
- Programming proficiency in both higher-level scripting languages such as Python and lower-level compiled languages such as C/C++
- Experience with game engines (Unity or Unreal)
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- A strong desire to solve problems that are not widely known or documented
|Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Digital Media or Game Design|
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 - June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.