Wholesale ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 854518BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
This role will support the Sr. Manager in developing business and assortment strategies for assigned accounts. Strategy to include franchise and product-line direction to external accounts, as well as internal cross-functional partners, to meet financial needs of the business. Position to work closely with integrated retail teams and cross functional partners including The Disney Store (TDS) Teams, Licensing Teams, Franchise, PD Teams and Retail Marketing.
- Develop and maintain departmental strategies. Actively work to apply financial insights, consumer insights, and product trend information, as well as support the divisional strategies and overall Integrated Retail vision to validate strategies.
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry to help shape the account strategies, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Drive account initiatives to achieve financial objectives for assigned accounts, including fixture planning, visual merchandising, marketing, franchise and product category direction.
- Present quarterly product assortment to account buyers in collaboration with internal account sales teams.
- Present quarterly departmental strategies and hindsight business reviews to Senior Management and cross-functional teams.
- Determine wholesale cost structure to maximize profitability for Disney while ensuring appropriate margins for retail accounts.
- Lead business decisions of key milestones within the merchandise production calendar from product development, sourcing, operations, IT, logistics, accounting to support delivery of merchandise to assigned accounts
- Manage marketing needs for assigned account and collaborates with Retail Marketing for internal approvals
- Manage ecommerce photography and copy needs for assigned account including management of product content on retailer’s ecommerce site.
- Perform gap analysis to drive business.
- Lead cross-functional team in mitigating account chargebacks to ensure fair and equitable charges are applied or returned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years account or product management experience in mid to large size company (or related experience)
- Experience with omnichannel retailers preferred
- Minimum 2+ years leadership experience
- High level of interest and experience with Disney Brand
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, AS400 a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- People oriented team player
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.