X-Ray Technician/Medical AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 934421BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2022
The physical demands and working conditions require frequent walking, standing, sitting and light lifting (less than 15 lbs.) throughout the shift. There is occasional stooping and bending and frequent fine fingering/handling/reaching (side, overhead, low).
• Perform basic general x-rays for limited body parts under supervision of physician
• Maintain and use equipment and supplies necessary to demonstrate portions of the human body on x-ray film for diagnostic purposes
• Handle the complete process from obtaining images, sending imaging, receiving results, and routing results to appropriate provider
• Reviews providers’ schedules and prepares for patient visits. This may include follow up on all prior testing and results to expedite physician review and streamline patient flow Ace wrap, dressing changes, ice packs, fitting ortho supports
• Assists Provider for Initial Exams, Re-check Appointments, Medical Surveillance/Regulatory Compliance exams and other types of Occupational Clinic Provider visits. Assists with surgical procedures such as laceration repairs, incision and drainage, burn treatment, etc.
• Calls patient back into exam room, performs intake processes and preps patient for physician exam (including conducting preliminary medical tests - Snellen Eye tests, grip strength measurements, range of motion studies).
• Performs phlebotomy as directed
• Performs EKGs and Pulmonary Function Screening as required
• Fulfills medication and injection orders (under physician direction)
• May assist in coordinating outside referrals for diagnostics, treatments (i.e. physical therapy) and specialist providers in the fulfillment of external Provider orders.
• Requests medical records from other providers as appropriate
• Provides patient education and instructions as directed by physician
• Provides restriction and accommodation documentation as required
• Ensures timely discharge for patients
Additional responsibilities include:
• Schedule patient clinic appointments
• Work in Front Office to greet patients
• Monitor incoming messages and voicemail
• Scan and index incoming documentation
• Follow up on cancellations and/or no shows
Basic Qualifications:• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid, non-expired Florida X-Ray Certificate is REQUIRED for BXMO
• Current CPR certification
• Florida Drivers’ License
• Demonstrated ability to maintain organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with general office programs and equipment
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
• A flexible work schedule to work evenings, weekends, Holidays and occasional overtime
Preferred Qualifications:• One to three years experience in a fast-paced clinical setting
• Prior experience in working with an electronic Scheduling and Medical Record System
• Graduate from an approved program in Medical Assistant training
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Program Suite
• Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist
• NIOSH Respiratory Training
• Language proficiency in a language in addition to English
• Certification or Registration from Medical Assistant Certifying Organization
Required Education• High School Diploma or equivalent
•Valid, non-expired Florida X-Ray Certificate is REQUIRED for BXMO
• Current CPR certification
• Florida Drivers’ License
Additional Information:saftey22 #DPEPFLA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.