Systems Engineer - Core SystemsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 391617BR Location Palo Alto, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Interactive Date posted 08/17/2016
The successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. Must be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables.
This position requires a good technology background, excellent communication skills and experience in managing enterprise scale infrastructure and analytics applications. Successful candidates must be action oriented, capable of working on concurrent complex projects and able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional teams and business audiences. You will participate in defining operational best practices and standards, have a penchant for automating routine tasks, have good level command of unix CLI tools and system administration duties, mentor and contribute support documentation for future generations.
Responsibilities50% Focus – Daily operational duties
- On-call support is required.
- Implement new and adhere to existing documentation standards for all applications. (products, servers, network and storage/database.)
- Familiar with a configuration management
- Recognize and manage technical dependencies and/or limitations that impact desired workflow.
- Maintain uptime requirements with highly available clusters.
- Improve automated configuration management, monitoring and failure recovery solutions.
- Support configuring, sizing, benchmarking, tuning and monitoring application clusters.
- Actively question and challenge customers to understand their requirements and reach the best solutions, near term and long term.
- Actively contribute to design and documentation standards for services and infrastructure builds (servers, network and storage/database.)
- Actively think about automation to make the job easier and not longer hours.
- Accelerite CloudPlatform and Citrix XenServer administration. Involved in designing, building, 24/7 operational support of our private cloud
- Splunk infrastructure administration, operational supports from search heads to indexers.
- Comfortable in managing large 90% Linux based environment
- Familiar in managing 10% windows server environment including Active Directory
- Familiar with DNS architecture for both internal and externally hosted domains
- Expert in troubleshooting and understanding web server technology; tomcat, apache, nginx, etc.
- Be a part of the core infrastructure team to design, build on requirements with security in mind.
- Familiar with object storage technology or any public object storage such as Google’s GCS, Amazon S3, etc.
- Experience working with large-scale private/public cloud environments
- Configuration management experience with either Chef, ansible or puppet
- Familiar with Citrix XenServer, KVM, and other hypervisor technology.
- Experience with using Splunk
- Familiarity in python or ruby is a plus
- Comfortable in reading and writing bash shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise-class data centers and systems of 5000+ nodes.
- 3+ experience building and implementing large-scale hypervisors.
- Execution of software, platform, content and configuration upgrades as needed
- Familiarity with virtualized server environments
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems and ability to install and configure operating systems packages
- Understanding of network technology and communication principlesTop of Form
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills to identify the root cause and implement the fix
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of 4+ years equivalent professional experience
Company OverviewDisney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social network platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive