Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Architectural Intern, Disney Cruise Line, GermanyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 683091BR Location Papenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
- Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects and design intent
- Prepare Facility/Attraction base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, plans/sections/elevations, design drafting, 3D visualization, and general project coordination
- Develop varied architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards
- Ensure that the design intent is achieved by successfully integrating facility design with allied disciplines and components of the development such as: infrastructure, area development, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural and MEP engineering, etc.
- Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: base sheets, hardscape, planting designs, visual intrusion studies, material schedules, etc.; ensure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Be responsible for coordinating and communicating Architectural design issues within the project team; support implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
- Monitor budget hours for assigned tasks
- Support the facility construction cost estimating process through collection of data for review
Working knowledge and experience in the use of building materials and products for thematic applications
Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Maya, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp
Skills in 3D software tools
Knowledge of architecture design and construction techniques
Knowledge of related areas, including land planning, civil engineering, area development, lighting, graphic design, etc.
- Two or more years of experience in architecture/design practice
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a BA/BArch degree
- Currently earning an advanced degree in Architecture, Landscape or Urban Planning
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.