Architectural Intern (f/m/d)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725455BR Location Papenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Architectural internship to support the shipbuild
- Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects and design intent
- Prepare Facility/Attraction base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, plans/sections/elevations, design drafting, 3D visualization, and general project coordination
- Develop varied architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards
- Ensure that the design intent is achieved by successfully integrating facility design with allied disciplines and components of the development such as: infrastructure, area development, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural and MEP engineering, etc
- Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: base sheets, hardscape, visual intrusion studies, material schedules, etc.; ensure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Be responsible for coordinating and communicating Architectural design issues within the project team; support implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
- Monitor budget hours for assigned tasks
- Support the facility construction cost estimating process through collection of data for review
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of building materials and products for thematic applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Maya, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp
- Skills in 3D software tools
- Knowledge of architecture design and construction techniques
- Knowledge of related areas, including land planning, civil engineering, area development, lighting, graphic design, etc.
Preferred Qualifications:Two or more years of experience in architecture / design practice
Required EducationCurrently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a BA/BArch degree
Preferred EducationCurrently earning an advanced degree in Architecture or similar subject.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.