Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Design Management Intern (f/m/d)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747245BR Location Papenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Responsibilities:What we’re looking for…
A Design Management Intern to partner with current WDI Design and Planning (D+P) Management staff to assist in overall facility design delivery of a specific project, land, or attraction. Intern will support the Studio objectives of delivering high quality, well-coordinated design documentation that secures the creative vision, and achieves mutually developed, achievable project cost, schedule and design packaging objectives.
Design Management intern will be exposed to specific opportunities as outlined below. Additionally, role will be an integral part of understanding of the overall Design Management mission, which will be invaluable in future career paths:
- Provide Studio leadership of D+P project team members, establishing a collaborative environment for effective communication and decisions
- Establish effective partnerships with other Studio and Resort stakeholders, representing D+P interests in achieving a successful project outcome
- Manage the business of the D+P effort to position the team to successfully achieve the Design Execution vision
Design Management intern will be included in the opportunities below in support of D+P Studio design leadership in the following areas:
- Essential “right hand” of the WDI Design Manager through the duration of internship
- Orientation to operating design disciplines within the D+P Studio, along with Creative Show and Ride stakeholders
- Orientation to the overall Imagineering design process for various projects
- Participate in project design meetings
- Participate in D+P Core Team meetings targeted at facility design status, risks and opportunities
- Participate in education and management of Studio Design Management business tools for tracking cost and schedule
- Assist in developing and managing discrete facility design efforts per the Design Delivery Schedule
- Interface with outside design consultants related to scope of work progress
- Preparation of content for project and Studio executive updates
- Collaborate on strategic design issues and discrete challenges encountered by the facility design team
- Grow existing personal engagement, collaboration and leadership skills
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
What you bring to the role…
- Demonstration of previous management and leadership skills
- Commitment to collaboration and positive working environment
- Problem solving and understanding of team dynamics
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications
- Academic or professional participation in projects or initiatives that developed or required leadership presence
Required EducationRequired Education
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Design, Interiors, Engineering, Architecture, or similar
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.