Electrical Inspector (f/m//d)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 729100BR Location Papenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 11, 2019
- Inspects electrical installations to verify conformance with, but not limited too:
- New building specifications.
- The shipyards general electrical requirements.
- Classification society rules.
- Statutory requirements.
- Flag State rules and regulations.
- Any International standards.
- Quality standards.
- Safety standards.
- Inspection of installation and commissioning of cabling and electrical equipment.
- Verification that installations are in compliance with approved drawings, technical specifications and equipment manufactures recommendations.
- Examines parts and assemblies, such as control panels, motor starters and any other electrical equipment for completeness of assembly, quality, conformance to drawings and specifications.
- Inspect wiring of electrical equipment for accuracy of stripping, soldering, crimping, defects such as frayed wires and loose connections.
- Provide accurate technical and background information to the Electrical Superintendent and Electrical Lead Inspector concerning potential problems as they arise.
- Attend any required Factory Acceptance Test and ensure these are carried out within accordance to the below listed regulations, requirements and standards. This may require national and/or international travel.
- Review and remark upon drawings via the Enovia and BlueBeam systems that are relevant to the position.
- Works closely with shipyard project managers and manufacturer’s representatives to ensure what they provide is within specifications and meets Disney’s requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other team member Project Managers and assist/advise on any Electrical/Technical issues arising.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the company’s Electrical Superintendent.
- Marine / shipyard experience
- Degree or relevant experience in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of marine standards
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.