CDI - Manager, Development & Production, Scripted (H/F)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768826BR Location Paris, Île-de-France Region, France Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 12, 2020
- Development and production of local original television scripted entertainment for TWDC France as original series, movies, for Family and general audience.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager development & production scripted to identify scripted projects for local production, provide supervisory executive production on local projects.
- Responsible for delivering projects on budget and within the required timeline.
- Develop relationships with the creative community (writers, directors, actors, producers, etc.) and 3rd party production companies in France.
- Build strong partnerships with executive producers and production managers ensuring clarity in the brief, constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and delivery of top quality original productions.
- Ensure quality level of originals is in line with the brands.
- Strong creative, editorial and commissioning skills.
- Strong and established relationships with creative community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Clear-thinking, straightforward approach to creative problem-solving and decision making
- Strong ability to build working relationships with other Disney departments and executives, and with external partners
- Detailed working knowledge of both scripted entertainment development and production processes
- Time management and organizational skills
- Establishes critical external alliances.
- Engages colleagues across the organization to optimize performance.
- Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Facilitates win-win situations.
- Resolves conflicts effectively.
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
- Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications.
- Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans.
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience.
- Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards
- Keeps commitments
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Creates an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking
- Facilitates the exchange of ideas and creation of new ones
- Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries
- Challenges the status quo
- Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Pursues excellence with integrity, passion and courage
- Shows consistency in words and actions
- Learns from personal and organizational experiences
- Strives for self-improvement
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers
- Treats others with respect
- 6/8 years in scripted commissioning and production in general entertainment genre experience at a European/International network necessary with a strong French network
- Executive production experience on scripted projects necessary
- Proven track record of projects developed and executive produced necessary
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (France) S.A.S., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).