Already applied?View Dashboard
DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532848BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/27/2018
Job Summary:To ideate and create magical, storytelling moments for Disney store guests through product design in home, table top and stationery categories.
- Design and develop a range of product types for home and stationary, including mugs, journals, pins, tableware, stationary, décor and many other product types.
- Create, innovate, design product lines that speak to the Disney consumer and are differentiated from the competition, offering “the Disney Store difference”.
- Partner with internal design teams and cross functional partners in ideating and developing lines of product from concept design through production every quarter.
- Prepare final mechanical art packets for concepts in order to clearly communicate design details to our vendors. Including product turns, color call outs, function descriptions, graphic design, decal design, etc.
- Review and improve product at each stage of development: concept, design specifications, sculpting, tooling model, production samples, etc.
- Maintain a broad industry and category perspective, as well as knowledge of category and graphic trends. Strive to develop new business opportunities and extend existing business through creative development and innovation.
- Aid in preparation for meetings and presentations.
- Minimum 3 years product design and development experience in a related field.
- Strong understanding of graphic composition, previous experience working with style guide graphics.
- Strong design and drawing skills.
- Prior experience in home/stationery/table top categories is a plus.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to present ideas to groups, ability to build partnerships across cross-functional disciplines, clear written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to manage multi-task and shift priorities.
- High attention to detail/organization, as well as adherence to timelines and product development calendar.
- Ability to work autonomously in a team.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point.
- Passion for product design and the Disney brand
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Arts/Graphics, or related design degree preferred.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.