Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 531784BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/27/2018
Job Summary:The Sr. Designer role manages product development for apparel & accessories. This critical role, partners with the Creative Director and the Product Strategy Team to develop Product lines with regard to vision, design, and execution.
- Work with the Director and Design Manager to develop strong Global Apparel Product lines with regard to design, vision and execution.
- Conduct Trend Research that includes key shapes, materials, pattern and graphics.
- Work closely with Product Strategy and Creative teams to influence appropriate artwork development for product categories to utilize in creating graphics and prints.
- Drive the creative development for multiple Franchises for TDS apparel. This includes creating original POVs to set the design direction for multiple franchise portfolios- Determining graphics, materials and color direction.
- Design and create original innovative artwork, prints and patterns for Apparel and Accessories that speak to the Disney consumer and is differentiated from the competition, offering “the Disney Store difference”.
- Attend and contribute to apparel fit sessions to ensure proper fit and art placement.
- Manage Internal and external Graphic Designers in creating innovative original graphic compositions and prints/patterns for character specific product lines while looking to advance and elevate the product.
- Influence others through education and collaboration
- Participate in pre-concept meetings to contribute to creation of overall concept and design direction.
- Provide technical instruction for factories/vendors. Develop FMAs for assigned Franchises.
- Strong ability to work with a team, as well as independently, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Sourcing and Design) through communication and problem solving.
- Acts as a technical resource for the Product Strategy and Sourcing teams regarding the production of apparel and graphics
- Must have 4 – 6 years’ experience in apparel & accessories
- Ability to trend, design and create original, innovative artwork, prints and patterns
- Expert in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with a variety of graphic design techniques a plus
- Must have working knowledge of fabric printing
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- BA/BS Degree with 4+ years’ experience with apparel and accessories
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.