Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Category Manager (12-month contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 532620BR Location Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Mar. 12, 2018
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Company has been the preeminent name in the field of family entertainment; the Disney name has symbolized creativity, innovation, trust, decency, optimism and quality. It is also the world's biggest family entertainment company powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN and Lucasfilm.
Walt Disney Southeast Asia was integrated in 2012 and have undergone rapid growth across multiple territories. With our regional headquarters located in Singapore, we also have offices in the region including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. We accelerate growth in our markets through local partnerships, increased localisation and focus on high growth markets.
As of now, we have more than 300 permanent Disney employees are focused on creating happiness for you and your families through magical moments and lifelong memories.
Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now seeking an Assistant Category Manager to drive long term sustainable growth of the Toys and Back-to-School categories in Malaysia via:
- Development of relevant strategies for Toys and Back-To-School.
- Working closely with country teams to ensure local needs are incorporated into strategic development.
- Partnering with Creative Team to ensure that partners are constantly updated with latest trends, and inspirations.
- Managing key licensee relationships
- Securing new partners to fill missing categories
- Enhance partnership through new product ideas, new retail concepts and new distribution channels
- Working closely with Retail team to grow Back-To-School revenues at retail
- Grow local toys and partner with regional and global partners to expand reach
- Maximise the Toys and BTS revenues in Malaysia, via managing a portfolio of partners and products.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the total category and appropriate sub categories.
- Manage relationships with existing licensees & identify new partners to continually strengthen the licensee base.
- Lead contract negotiation with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue.
- Lead team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits.
- Develop initiatives with other ‘lines of business’ (outside Hard-line) and Disney departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
- Partner with category team within Southeast Asia to share product development and category performance updates
- Work closely with the Creative on product development strategy outlining necessary range planning, brainstorms and development.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in similar industry.
- Relevant commercial marketing or similar consumer targeted experience.
- Degree level educated in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Substantial experience within consumer products management.
- Financial acumen.
- Computer literate including the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Apple Keynote would be useful.
- Able to analyse data and construct practical conclusions and recommendations.
- Fluent English is essential; other languages are not essential, but useful.
- A strategic thinker who has the vision to plan and drive results and success.
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities.
- Able to manage change.
- Must be able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as the independence to use initiative and work autonomously.
- Able to incorporate a reasonable amount of overnight travel both domestic and overseas, required to visit licensees and attend meetings.
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.