Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Retail & Marketing, MY (12 month contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529206BR Location Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Business Walt Disney International Date posted Feb. 28, 2018
Walt Disney Southeast Asia was integrated in 2012 and have undergone rapid growth across multiple territories. With our regional headquarters located in Singapore, we also have offices in the region including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. We accelerate growth in our markets through local partnerships, increased localisation and focus on high growth markets.
As of now, we have more than 300 permanent Disney employees are focused on creating happiness for you and your families through magical moments and lifelong memories.
Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Malaysia’s significant growth potential, we are now seeking a Retail Coordinator, DCP MY to be based in Malaysia. You will be responsible for ensuring proper coordination with licensees, retailers, Finance and internal business groups for all retail and product development activities.
- Coordinate with licensees and accredited suppliers for sourcing of premium items
- Request for quotations from different suppliers for all marketing collaterals e.g. posters, signages
- Coordinate with suppliers and Disney finance on the creation of Purchase Orders and other finance requirements (invoice etc.)
- Handle allocation of premium items per retailer per department
- Handle allocation of required marketing collaterals per retailer
- Coordinate with different retailers to secure permits for the delivery of collaterals to their warehouses
- Accomplish requirements for processing of promotional permits to be applied with the Ministry of Trade Malaysia.
- Send advisory to licensees and Disney LOB’s regarding upcoming promotions
- Check ingress and execution of retail store promotion
- Send licensee list to retailers
- Handle request for sizzles with Disney LOB’s and other requests from licensees
- Handle coordination with mall partners on securing mall spaces
- In charge of coordination with contractor on the perspective, design execution and fixture set-up
- Handle fixture allocation per promotion
- Send fixture plotting and description to retailers to be sent to different departments
- Handle coordination on mall permits
- Coordinate with licensees in case of request of prizes for games and loot bags are needed
- Consolidation of post event data and follow up of sell thru from buyers
Permanent Brand Area
- Coordination on space and fixtures allocation to retailers and licensees
- Coordination with contractors on proper branding execution on all fixtures
- Coordination between retailer and contractor on area perspective and permit processing
- Provide branding guidelines to licensees on the design executions of all fixtures
- Monitoring of progress report and actual execution
- Work with contractors and event companies for mall and instore activations
- Organize retail branding guides to contractors
- Diploma of Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or any related course (Fresh Grad may apply)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Illustration and Photoshop software applications
- Systematic, hardworking and organized
- With good communication and presentation skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Meticulous and has keen eyes on details and quality
- Team player and can easily adapt to change
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and can handle multiple functions
- Ability to work under pressure and work for long hours if needed
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.