Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
6abc Integrated Sales Marketing Internship (WPVI-TV) – Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 712931BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
The Internship Program with the 6abc Sales-Marketing Department is designed to provide one student with a general understanding of the many facets of sales marketing within the fast-paced media industry.
As an intern on this team, you will work in a professional environment and will gain hands-on experience in concept development, sponsorship and promotional sales packages, script writing, production, fulfillment, and sales marketing sponsorship and promotional execution. The internship may allow for interaction with other station departments including Programming, Digital/Social Media, Station Marketing, Community Affairs, and to a limited degree, News.
You will receive direction and feedback from the marketing department. The intern is encouraged to express any specific areas of interest to the marketing department. The marketing team will endeavor to include a special project pertinent to your interest during the internship semester.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Liaise between sales account executives and the marketing team, to assist in executing promotional campaigns of both marketing of station-wide initiatives and specific client promotions
- Customize presentation decks for marketing campaigns
- Promotional spot production that includes script writing for various length messages for digital and linear, potential opportunity to edit
- Providing recaps for sales promotions and sweepstakes
- Build out sweepstakes concepts for digital and linear sweepstakes and manage details for sweepstakes
- Gather assets for on-air and digital for on-air promo spots, station integrations, “FYI Philly” and “Weekend Extra” or for custom produced segments
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
- Junior or Senior-level standing preferred
- Proven ability to be organized and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Major or previous coursework in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or related major
- Prior experience within marketing and/or sales, professionally or as an internship
- Able to take initiative and have follow-through on projects
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills and can multi-task
- Demonstrated experience with Final Cut Pro is an asset
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship. All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from January - May
- All candidates must be willing to work 16-24 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.