Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
6abc Multiplatform Programming Internship (WPVI-TV) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714088BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
The roll of an intern in the multiplatform programming department will include:
- Working with producers to plan story shoots for all department programs
- Accompanying and assisting producers and field crews on location
- Assisting with social media and web site campaigns
- Assisting editors in organizing and creating final video projects using Adobe Premiere Pro and other modern editing applications
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- This is an ideal internship for students with a passion for writing longer-form content, experimenting with digital formats and all forms of video creation.
- Strong writing skills are required
- Creativity and a willingness to recommend new ideas
- Experience in video production for television and/or digital platforms
- Basic computer skills
- Strong understanding of basic software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong social skills to interact with clients and subjects of stories
- Proficiency in all forms of social media
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship. All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from January - May
- All candidates must be willing to work 24 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.