Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
6abc News Department Internship (WPVI-TV) – Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714085BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Travel with reporters and photojournalists in the field for newsgathering and live remotes
- Write copy and edit video for newscasts
- Observe producers and executive producers in their respective roles
- Attend morning and afternoon editorial meetings
- Get an up-close look at how news is distributed beyond TV to our myriad of digital and social media platforms
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Declared major or previous coursework in a mass media/new media-related field
- Must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate within six months of graduation
- Previous experience in broadcasting, new media production or script writing
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with social media
- Ability to thrive in a team environment but also work well independently
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship. All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from January – May
- All candidates must be willing to work 16-24 hours/week
- Your schedule may include days, nights, weekends and overnight shifts
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.