Broadcast Maintenance EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 671505BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted May. 29, 2019
- Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of broadcast systems
- Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
- Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
- Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
- Adhere to Disney policies and best practices in a broadcast environment
- All others duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Have experience with RF equipment such as broadcast transmitters, microwave equipment, etc..
- Demonstrate excellence in documentation and system drawing.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
- Be project oriented, organized and able to show a list of previously executed projects from concept to completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Be willing to expand their knowledge with emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
WPVI-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- AutoCAD and Visio software
- Automated Production Control software
- Broadcast Automation Systems and related equipment
- Newsroom NRCS/MAM Systems
- Adobe Creative Software Products
A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
Additional Information:This job is located at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, PA. EEO/F/M/V/D/SO/GI
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.