Graphic ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 821293BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 07, 2021
WPVI, the Disney/ABC owned station in Philadelphia, is seeking a highly motivated part-time Graphic Artist to join our team. This position will be a key member of the Audience Development team responsible for creating motion graphics that will be featured across the WPVI-TV platforms.
- Conceptualize and design animations for Audience Development
- Work with a team of artists in creating visual support for various departments within WPVI
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, creative environment
- Help lead the constant refresh of our brands
- Stay current on design trends, productions and software.
- 5+ years of experience in motion graphics design for television.
- In-depth knowledge of C4D, Adobe AE, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong sense of typography and composition. Plus, stylistic versatility
- Ability to interpret producer ideas and communicate effectively
- Able to work with green screen for tracking, keying within animation
- Ability to utilize internal systems and understanding templates as well as hardware/software such as; Adobe Premier, Google Earth Pro 3d Maps, Ross Expression (automated systems), web design and scripting. Be open to learning these and/or anything new required.
- A team player, professional attitude, takes initiative on work load and working to improve on-air product
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience
- News Background
Additional Information:This position is located at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, PA. EEO/M/F/D/V/SO/GI
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.