Inventory Specialist, ABC OTVS Centralized Traffic OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 878341BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Nov. 12, 2021
The success of the Inventory Specialist will be measured by accuracy of logs, overall management of displaced units, reporting and analytics, achieved best practices and improved standardization in WideOrbit, the ratio of displaced spot performance for the assigned station, and the outreach to other OCTO specialists and station contacts. The Inventory Specialist may be required to work hours within a range of M-F 8am-830pm EST, as required by the business hours of the market assigned to the specialist. Working with the OCTO team on company initiatives and direction will be required.
- The OCTO structure will include 2 Inventory and Analytics Managers, each supervising a team of 5 specialists, divided into “East” and “West” coverage of markets.
- “East” will cover stations in the Eastern and Central time zones, and the manager will be required to work M-F from 8a-5p. “West” will cover stations in the Central and Pacific time zones, and the manager will be required to M-F 11a-8p.
- Managers will need thorough understanding of the stations on their team, but will also need to be able to assist with stations on the other team if something is needed outside of the normal working hours of that manager.
- Of the 5 direct report specialists, 4 will be assigned to a specific market, and will serve as the primary liaison for that market. The 5th specialist will backup as need, and will assist with covering displaced on all stations, and reporting.
- Programming and copy will be primarily covered by other teams within OCTO, but the teams will be expected to work closely and cohesively.
- Oversight log preparation and inventory management of an assigned market, as well as acting backup to other markets on the team as required.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory and log prep for all ABC OTVS stations.
- Provides analytics and reporting to OTVS group regarding inventory, revenue, etc.
- Work with station contacts to manage WideOrbit and standardized practices within the system.
- Educated on sales requirements for assigned market, to ensure log compliance, to report inventory/revenue correctly, and to keep automation and master control operations consistent with what is necessary to stay on air.
- Work directly with OCTO programming team to obtain network programming information.
- Adhere to OCTO guidelines and work with stations on preemptions, reinstates, time shifts, etc.
- Work closely with other OCTO specialists on inventory and reporting questions and issues; troubleshoot log issues with OCTO managers, inventory specialists, and station contacts.
- Proactively work with above contacts to achieve better streamlining and standardization of inventory and analytics.
- Training on log elements within WO for contacts at the station sites, to help them operate more efficiently and be better poised for standardized procedures.
- Working with team of inventory specialists to maintain OCTO/station expectations on displaced spots
- Work with OCTO management on areas of inventory concern, and keep management informed of status of information that might impact inventory.
- Regularly participate in station’s inventory meetings.
- Assist with the OCTO mission statement, to help enhance the revenue opportunities for the stations, and to help provide best practices that both maximize revenue and improve operating conditions.
- Regularly confer with other OCTO management team and stations to share ideas and confer on best practices
- Provide a superb level of customer service to the ABC OTVS stations, as well as outside clients.
- Work with OCTO management on testing of new WO software releases, and to provide feedback on those releases and other enhancements needed in WO.
- Minimum 1 years of traffic experience.
- Experience in multiple traffic functions, especially log production and inventory management. Operational knowledge of copy, programming/formatting, and master control functions preferred.
- Familiarity with broadcast sales protocol, and analytics/reports required for optimal sales/pricing functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially via phone and email.
- Able to conduct team meetings and conference calls.
- WideOrbit experience desired, but knowledge of other traffic systems considered.
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience required.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.