WPVI/6ABC – Assignment EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 859928BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
- Actively identifying and generating original high-impact stories that reflect the diversity of our audience and handling all inquiries and requests from a variety of individuals and organizations. This person will work closely with news managers, digital and broadcast producers, and other assignment editors to coordinate coverage of breaking and daily stories and must excel is social media skills.
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy, professionalism, function well under pressure, and have strong multiplatform and multi-tasking skills.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills as they will be interacting with viewers on a daily basis on the phone and on social media.
- Minimum of 2 years assignment desk experience.
- Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic and productive way with other employees and the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of police scanners, the Internet and on-line newsgathering preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College Degree
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.