WPVI Community JournalistApply NowApply Later Job ID 931722BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Feb. 14, 2022
We are looking for a self-starter and storyteller who can work effectively with a wide range of technology to create compelling content on all platforms. Candidates must have a passion for uncovering and reporting the facts. The multi-skilled journalist must be a dynamic communicator and strong leader with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. The person will have the ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms.
This person is committed to produce daily content that is impactful. The ideal candidate is willing to work flexible shifts, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to shoot visual content, report, write, edit and produce stories on deadline for multiple platforms, such as linear, digital and social platforms
- Offer creative and innovative ideas for elevated storytelling
- Superior on-camera presentation
- Excellent writing skills, possess solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
- Inspires with humility and inclusive behaviors
- At least three years’ shooting/editing/reporting in a local TV newsroom experience preferred
- Experience with Dalet, Adobe Premiere editing a plus
- A college degree or equivalent experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.