Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WPVI-TV (6abc) Marketing Internship – Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874698BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
A day in the life…
You will have the opportunity to observe and participate within a fast-paced, hands-on and creative operation that includes producing news, programming and special events promos, executing the graphic look for the station, as well as creating content for 6abc.com and all of Action News’ social media platforms.
As a Marketing intern, you may:
- Be involved in all facets of creative execution, from research and concept to pre and post production
- Shoot and edit video, write scripts, and write social media copy
- Execute unique and fun video content for 6abc.com and our social media platforms
- Work community events and engage with viewers, as well as shoot behind the scenes content and update social media platforms during such events
- Shoot and post Facebook Lives during events
- Observe and act as production assistants during Marketing shoots
- Transcribe and organize footage and media
- Help gather social media analytics
- Explore new social media opportunities for 6abc to have a presence
- Maintain and contribute to station social calendars
- Collaborate with other Marketing team members to assist with projects as needed
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Non-linear editing experience (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Creative writing skills
- Proficiency with social media
- An interest in news and current events
- Ability to thrive in a team environment but also work well independently
- Junior or Senior status
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing
- Prior internship experience in a professional environment
- Able to take initiative and have follow-through on projects independently
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
- Must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- All candidates must be able to work in the Philadelphia office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.