Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WPVI-TV(6abc) Multiplatform Programming Internship - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874721BR Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- The roll of an intern in the multiplatform programming department will include:
- Working with producers to plan story shoots for all department programs
- Accompanying and assisting producers and field crews on location
- Assisting with social media and web site campaigns
- Assisting editors in organizing and creating final video projects using Adobe Premiere Pro and other modern editing applications
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- This is an ideal internship for students with a passion for writing longer-form content, experimenting with digital formats and all forms of video creation.
- Strong writing skills are required
- Creativity and a willingness to recommend new ideas
- Strong understanding of basic software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong social skills to interact with clients and subjects of stories
- Proficiency in all forms of social media
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within six (6) months of graduation date.
- Experience in video production for television and/or digital platforms
- Basic computer skills
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022.
- All candidates must be willing to work 20 hours/week
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.